We provide a wide variety of services both appraisal and non-appraisal related. Some of the most popular appraisal types are listed below. If you are looking for a service not listed, please contact us to discuss how we may help you. All appraisals are confidential and USPAP compliant, except for a professional opinion of value.
- Professional Opinion of Value: not a formal appraisal but simply an informed estimation of value. This kind of opinion is not USPAP compliant.
- Insurance Appraisals: Household policies often do not insure high value property for full replacement value and an appraisal with a schedule of items in a collection is critical to have.
- Inventory: when an appraisal is not required but a client needs to have a record of the collection with all pertinent information ready for the time needed to either make a claim or distribution.
- Damage Appraisals: usually required by the insurance carrier when there has been a partial or total loss to property.
- Donation Appraisals: required by the IRS when a donation of one or more like items is worth more then $5,000.
- Equitable Distribution Appraisals: usually required in the case of divorce or dissolution of a partnership.
- Estate Appraisals: required when property must be valued when the creator or owner of art dies.
- Archive Appraisals: typically used by the artist who is seeking to place an oeuvre or estate planning.